Easy, quick soul warming broth with a twist. Smoky chorizo and shredded jerky kick up this umami loaded soup using Bourbon Barrel Foods take on Teriyaki, aptly named Kentuckyaki.
- 3 oz. Aurelia's Chorizo
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon Barrel Foods Hot & Spicy Kentuckyaki
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Barrel Foods Bourbon Smoked Citrus Pepper
- 1/2 oz. Righteous Felon Turkey Jerky, sliced thin
- 5 low-sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 heads of bok choy
- 6 oz. soba noodles
- 2 tablespoon ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- Kentuckyaki marinated egg (recipe)
Sweat the pepper, garlic and ginger in a glug of oil. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until aromatic.
- Add the chicken stock and Kentuckyaki and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the chorizo in a touch of olive oil in a skillet until crispy.
- Add uncooked noodles and bok choy, simmer for 5-8 mins. Season to taste.
- Divide among bowls, top with green onion, halved ramen egg, jerky and crispy chorizo.
Pro Tip: You can season the broth with extra Kentuckyaki if it needs it!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today