Shatteringly crisp chicken cutlet (thanks to pork panko) gets a refreshing kimchi mayo slaw and fragrant spice from Fly By Jing for this ultimate chicken sando.
- 1 cup pork panko
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs
- soft rolls (like a Brioche Bun or Martin's Potato Roll)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- KPOP Kimchi Mayo
- Fly by Jing Sichuan Chili Crisp
- Fly by Jing Mala Spice Mix
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and 1/2 tablespoon of mala spice. Whisk the eggs with a pinch of mala spice and salt to make your egg wash. In a separate dish, add a pinch of mala spice to the pork panko.
- Mix the shredded cabbage with 2-3 tablespoons of kimchi mayo, cilantro, radish and a spoonful of chili crisp.
- Dunk the chicken thighs in egg wash and then into the pork panko, covering on all sides. Heat a glug of oil in a pan and fry the chicken thighs on both sides until golden brown.
- Toast the buns and smear with kimchi mayo. Layer chicken cutlet, slaw and a bit more Sichuan chili oil if you like spice.
Pro Tip: Bring your chicken thighs to room temperature before cooking for more even cooking. Also, remember not to crowd the pan when cooking to get a good crunch!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today