A poached pear dessert that seems fancy but is very easy and a great one for guests!
- 3 tablespoons Le Caramel Chocolate Cream
- 3 small firms pears, peeled, halved, cores removed
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Brooklyn Delhi Spicy Mango Chutney
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
- crushed nuts or granola
- 3 cup water
- Mix the water, honey, wine if adding and spicy mango chutney together and bring to a simmer. Add the pears cut side down and simmer for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Remove pears and continue to simmer the liquid until thickened and reduced (it should begin to coat the back of a spoon), remove from heat and mix in 1 tablespoon of the chocolate cream to melt in.
- Mix the yogurt with the cinnamon.
- Place a pear in a bowl, spoon over some of the cooking liquid syrup. add a dollop of cinnamon yogurt, some crushed nuts or granola and extra chocolate cream if you like!
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today