This "Big Salad" brings together many of the popular elements of a good Italian submarine sandwich. From cured salami and sharp cheese to crunchy lettuces and a zippy vinaigrette. It's rounded off by spicy everything bagel seasoned croutons that bring buttery bliss to the final plate. Eat it as a side or it's also bold enough to be the main event.
- 3 Belgian endives (red or white) leaves separated and sliced crosswise, or 1 large radicchio, sliced thin
- 3 cups of brioche cut into small cubes
- 3 oz. Foustman's Salami, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon Seed Ranch Spicy Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 2 oz. Pecorino or Parmesan, shaved thin
- 1 tablespoon Mike's Hot Honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Toss the brioche, a glug of olive oil and Spicy Everything Bagel Seasoning together and bake croutons at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until toasted and golden.
- Whisk the 5 tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, hot honey and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add endive, pecorino, and salami to dressing and toss to coat; season with salt. Add croutons and toss again to combine.
- Plate and finish with a drizzle of hot honey and a shake of everything bagel seasoning.
Pro Tip: Throw in a knob of butter with the warm croutons and toss for extra richness (serve the croutons warm at the last second if you can).
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today