- 1 lb. fresh ground chuck or ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Savage Jerky Co. Spice
- 1/2 tablespoon Seed Ranch "Everything But The Dumpling" Hot Sauce
- 1 oz. chopped Savage Jerky Co. Rosemary Garlic Beef Jerky
- 4 tablespoons Goat Cheese
- 1 Onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons Liber & Co. Caramelized Fig Syrup
- 1/2 oz. whiskey
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Arugula (tossed in a touch of evoo, lemon and salt if you like)
- hamburger buns (we like potato rolls)
- Sweat the onions in the butter until softened, add fig syrup and whiskey and cook down stirring every couple minutes until nicely caramelized.
- Combine chuck with salt, savage spice, Seed Ranch sauce and form into 3 patties, season the outside with a bit more salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast iron skillet (let it get hot), add patties. Brown patties in oil about 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer, remember to baste in juices with a spoon while cooking.
- Combine goat cheese and chopped jerky (you can loosen with a bit of olive oil if you need).
- Toast the bun and smear with top with goat cheese and bottom with caramelized onions.
- Layer patty on the onions, top with some arugula and top with goat cheese smeared bun.
Pro Tip: Bring the patties up to room temp for quicker and more even cooking.
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today