Big comfy, chunky knit sweater feels with these insanely tasty cocktail inspired, bourbon, fig syrup, caramelized apples over pancakes. Add candied bacon and balance the sweet with a hit of cinnamon spiked yogurt and you got a perfect Sunday morning.
We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
- 2 Apples, diced
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Pumpkin Pancake Mix (we used Trader Joe's) or you can add Pumpkin Spice or Cinnamon to regular pancake mix (1/2 teaspoon per 6 pancakes), remember eggs and milk for most mixes.
- Liber & Co. Caramelized Fig Syrup
- 1/2 oz. bourbon or whiskey
- Vosges Dulce de Leche Bar
- 6 strips bacon bacon
- 1 cup plain Yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Make the pancake mix, if you can't find Pumpkin Spice Pancake Mix, add pumpkin spice or cinnamon to the regular pancake mix.
- Fry Bacon, finish with 1 tablespoon of fig syrup off the heat to glaze it and return to heat for 30 seconds stirring until coated and reduced.
- Melt butter in a skillet set over medium heat. Sauté apples, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, bourbon and 1/4 cup of fig syrup until the apples are tender and caramelized.
- Mix yogurt with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and honey.
- Top pancakes with apples, bacon and spoon over the excess syrup. Serve a dollop of yogurt to the side (it will melt a bit if on top).
Pro Tip: Make pancakes in batches and keep them warm, covered in the oven
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today