A quick take on a meatball sub glazed in Bourbon Barrel Foods Kentuckyaki sauce with aromatic broth for dipping if you're up to the extra effort!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Bourbon Barrel Foods Hot & Spicy Kentuckyaki
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon Barrel Foods Bourbon Smoked Citrus Pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 Jalapeño, sliced thin
- cilantro sprigs
- radish, sliced thin
- Kentuckyaki broth recipe here
- submarine sandwich rolls
- Mix the first four ingredients, season with salt and shape into meatballs approximately the size of a golf ball.
- Heat a skillet with a touch of oil, sear the meatballs for 5-6 minutes or until cooked through and nicely browned on the outside, finish in a 350 degree oven until cooked through about 10 minutes. Glaze with more teriyaki sauce for the last 3 minutes.
- Layer meatballs into the toasted soft roll with cucumber, radish, jalapeño.
- Serve with warm broth for dipping.
Pro Tip: Quick pickle the carrot, jalapeño and radishes.
For the pickles, combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 tablespoon salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Add carrot, jalapeño and radishes until top of liquid and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to 5 days.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today