Grilled oysters are backyard bliss and an easy party trick once you get the hang of it. Add a little habanero heat, sharp melted parm and some bacon and they can be taken to a whole new level of deliciousness. We love these as a perfect appetizer for a seafood feast.
We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
- 1 dozen live oysters, freshly shucked
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 4 bacon slices, cooked crispy and crumbled
- Yeak Chruk Cambodian American Hot Sauce
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat grill to hot (about 450 degrees).
- Top each oyster with a sprinkle of cheese, bacon and a small squirt of Yeak's and grill covered for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is melted and the edges begin to curl.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with ice cold beer!
Pro Tip: If you can't shuck so good: Place the oysters on a preheated grill, cover and cook for 1 minute. The oysters should open slightly. Remove the oysters. Hold an oyster with an oven mitt and use a shucking knife (or a screwdriver) to pry the oyster open. Then add the ingredients and cook but take 1-2 minute off the cook time!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today