Double the meat, double the pleasure with this easy taco using glistening glazed pork, shredded teriyaki jerky and crunchy, refreshing quick pickled onions.
- 1 lb. pork belly sliced into strips (think extra thick cut bacon, ask your butcher)
- 1/4 cup KPOP Foods Honey Glaze
- 0.5 oz. Think Sesame Teriyaki Jerky, sliced thin
- cilantro, chopped
- For the pickled onions:
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 Spice Mode Mexican Taco Seasoning
- 3/4 cup white or rice vinegar
- Bring vinegar, Spice Mode Seasoning and sugar to a boil and pour over onions. Let cool and chill for one hour.
- Over medium-low heat, place the pork belly slices onto a non-stick pan (starting from a cold pan helps render the fat).
- Pan fry for about 4-5 minutes each side.
- Add the Honey Glaze and toss pork belly in it until sticky and caramelized.
- Warm tortillas in a dry pan for about 20 seconds aside.
- Top tortillas with a piece of pork belly, pickled onions, sliced jerky, a drizzle of KPOP sauce and a sprinkling of cilantro.
Pro Tip: You can dice up the pork belly once cooked if you prefer smaller chunks aka street taco style!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today