Inspired by Chow (Trinidadian spiced fruit) this refreshing, marinated mango salad is an easy side to serve with some grilled goodness.
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into spears (look for ripe but a bit firm)
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thin
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 habanero, sliced thin,, seeds removed if you want less heat
- 3-4 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons Fix Tiki Pineapple Syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon Caribeque Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 oz Top Chops Teriyaki Beef Jerky, sliced into strips
- Toss mangoes, cucumber, lime juice, habanero, radishes, pineapple syrup, Caribeque seasoning and a pinch of salt. Cover and let sit for 45 minutes to get the flavors going.
- Add cilantro and jerky and toss, serve with extra lime wedges.
Pro Tip: Look for mangoes that aren't too soft (you can even use green mangoes). A mango that is a bit underripe and firm adds a good texture and a touch of acidity to the dish.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today