- 2 large eggs, preferably free-range or organic
- 2oz. La Quercia Smoky Borsellino Sausage, sliced thin
- 2-3 mushroom like oyster or shiitake, sliced
- Pinch of fresh thyme leaves’
- Small knob of butter
- Olive oil
- A small handful of grated pecorino cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1) Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2) In small frying pan on a high heat, fry Borsellino in a little olive oil until crisp and golden, add mushrooms and thyme then turn the heat down to medium, add butter and season with salt and pepper
3) When the mushrooms are cooked down, add your eggs and move the pan around to spread them out evenly
4) When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle over the Pecorino
5) Ease around the edge of the omelette with a spatula, then fold it in half
6) When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelette on to a plate
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button below. Would mean a lot because it helps other people see the recipe.
Bacon Bloody Mary | Bacon Nation Mantry