This riff on the classic chicken tinga street taco gets a big boost from Spice Mode's expert blend of cumin, cocoa, and oregano. A no-hassle dish for entertaining, just slow cook and have the pulled chicken bubbling away on the stove when guests arrive, you'll be ready to slang tacos to anyone in sight.
We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Spicemode Mexican Taco Seasoning
- La Fundidora Fresca Salsa
- Radishes, sliced thin
- cilantro, chopped
- Season chicken all over, In a large pot over med-high heat sear on all sides until golden.
- Add the onion, garlic and seasoning, cook until onions are softened. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Cover with water and simmer for 2-3 hours on low (you can also do this in a slow cooker).
- Shred chicken into the sauce and remove the chicken bones. Season with salt if necessary.
- Warm tortillas in a dry pan, top with shredded chicken, La Fundidora Salsa, radish and a dusting of cilantro. Serve with an icy beer!
Pro Tip: If the sauce is a bit thin, you can simmer with no lid on to reduce down and concentrate the sauce.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today