This riff on the classic chicken tinga street taco gets a big boost from Spice Mode's expert blend of cumin, cocoa, and oregano. A no-hassle dish for entertaining, just slow cook and have the pulled chicken bubbling away on the stove when guests arrive, you'll be ready to slang tacos to anyone in sight.
- 2 lbs. bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Spicemode Mexican Taco Seasoning
- La Fundidora Fresca Salsa
- Radishes, sliced thin
- cilantro, chopped
- Season chicken all over, In a large pot over med-high heat sear on all sides until golden.
- Add the onion, garlic and seasoning, cook until onions are softened. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Cover with water and simmer for 2-3 hours on low (you can also do this in a slow cooker).
- Shred chicken into the sauce and remove the chicken bones. Season with salt if necessary.
- Warm tortillas in a dry pan, top with shredded chicken, La Fundidora Salsa, radish and a dusting of cilantro. Serve with an icy beer!
Pro Tip: If the sauce is a bit thin, you can simmer with no lid on to reduce down and concentrate the sauce.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT FATHER'S DAY GIFT
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today