Pushing a caramel into each cookie before baking is an easy hack to elevate any batch of cookies. Our go-to? A handcrafted smoked butterscotch caramel from Shotwell Candy Co. out of Memphis, TN.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the butter with both sugars for 1 to 2 minutes, until creamy with a mixer.
- Add in flour and baking soda. Mix.
- Add water, oil and mix.
- Drop by spoonful onto the baking sheet. Make sure to keep the spoonfuls 3 inches or so away from each other as they will flatten. Place a Shotwell Caramel in the center of each spoonful. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Pro Tip: Try these crumbled over ice cream!