Shawarma is good, wings are good, why not shawarma wings? These dry-rubbed grilled wings take on heat from Cambodian hot sauce and aromatic spice from Villa Jerada's Shawarma spice. A cool, refreshing yogurt sauce cuts through the big wing flavor for the perfect backyard bbq starter.
- 1 – 1 ½ pounds chicken drumettes and/or wings
- 4 tablespoons Villa Jerada Shawarma Spice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Yeak's Chruk Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- Combine chicken, shawarma spice, Chruk sauce, olive oil and a pinch of salt in a bowl to marinate at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours; bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Combine yogurt, cilantro, parsley and lemon juice in a bowl with a pinch of salt, shawarma spice and a squeeze of Chruk hot sauce for heat.
- Grill wings until cooked through and nicely caramelized.
- Serve with yogurt sauce, a hit of extra Chruk sauce if you like it spicy and a cold beer.
Pro Tip: Make the yogurt sauce a couple of hours ahead to let the flavors meld!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today