A classic found in red sauce joints around the country, this comforting, easy pasta is probably the best vodka spiked dish going.
- 2 oz. vodka (we used Pemberton Distillery Schramm Vodka)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4.5 oz. tube double concentrated tomato paste
- 1 handful of basil leaves
- 1 lb. rigatoni or paccheri
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 handful parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- olive oil
- In a pan, cook down the garlic and onion in a glug of olive oil until softened. Add the chili flakes and cook for another minute.
- Squeeze in a full tube of tomato paste and cook down until caramelized (but not burned) on the bottom of the pan. Deglaze with vodka. Add cream and simmer on low for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta and drain, reserving some of the pasta water. Add a 1/4 cup pasta water to the sauce and simmer for a minute or two (this will add velvety magic to the sauce).
- Dump in drained Rigatoni, stir to incorporate and add a handful of parmesan cheese.
- Plate, topping with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and a touch more parmesan cheese.
Pro Tip: Season that pasta water as salty as seawater!
Recipe Video Here:
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today