Simple, crowd-pleasing pulled pork nachos perfect for the big game, the big backyard cookout or a big night at home on the couch.
- Spice Mode Mexican Taco Seasoning
- 2 lb. pork shoulder
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- tortilla chips
- cheddar cheese, grated
- pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeños, lime juice) or Fundidora Fresca Salsa
- sliced jalapeños for garnish
- 1 cup water
- Rub the pork shoulder in Spice Mode Mexican Taco Seasoning.
- In a large pot over medium heat, fry the pork shoulder in a touch of oil until it renders out some of it's fat and has a nice golden color. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add 1 more tablespoon of Spice mode Seasoning and add water.
- Slow cook for for 3-4 hours over low heat (you can also use a slow cooker).
- Pull apart pork using two forks (make sure to leave nice chunks, not tottaly shredded). Check for seasoning and layer over tortilla chips with cheese, salsa and jalapeños and broil until cheese is melted.
Pro Tip: Layer your cheese in between layers of tortilla chips to leave no chip un-cheesy! (Don't just put cheese on top).