In less than five minutes, go from zero to this satisfying spin on peanut butter hummus that delivers big flavor with no hassle.
- 1 can (1 1/2 cups chickpeas), drained
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 roasted garlic cloves (or 1 small clove fresh garlic)
- 1/4 cup Eliot's Spicy Thai Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Villa Jerada Shawarma Spice
- Grilled pita for dipping (brush with olive oil and grill/bake until crisp)
- In a food processor or blender, combine the chickpeas with the garlic, peanut butter, lemon juice, 1/2 the olive oil and shawarma spice. Start blending and drizzle in the remaining extra-virgin olive oil in a slow, steady stream and puree until very smooth.
- Season the dip with salt, place in a bowl. Sprinkle over some shawarma spice and drizzle with more olive oil, serve with warm pita.
Pro Tip: We make a quick chimichurri and spoon it into a little indent in the middle of the hummus for a double whammy. You can make your own by blending 1 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, 2 garlic cloves, 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper flakes and seasoning with salt and pepper or we love Elvio’s Chimichurri out of LA!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today