- 3 cups or 450 grams Hayden Mill Pizza Flour + 4 tablespoons for dusting
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sieve flour and salt on a work surface and make a well in the middle. Mix the yeast, sugar and olive oil into the water and leave for a few minutes, then pour into the well.
- Using a fork, bring the flour in gradually from the sides and mix it into the liquid. Keep mixing, drawing larger amounts of flour until you have a sticky ball.
- Knead dough until smooth, dust with additional flour if necessary.
- Transfer dough ball to a large bowl brushed with olive oil. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let dough rise in warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Remove dough to a flour-dusted surface and ““knock back” the dough by kneading it a bit to push the air out.
- Divide dough smaller balls you can roll out to make pizzas. Store covered or use immediately.