Easy, healthy chickpeas get a kick from hot sauce and lots of garlic. You get a kick from cooking them. Watch our badly edited recipe video because no how-to video is worse than a how-to video, sometimes.
- 2 cans (15 oz.) chickpeas
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- peel of 1 lemon ( use a vegetable peeler)
- 1/2 cup, olive oil
- manchego or other firm sheep's milk cheese
- chili flakes
- Yellowbird Hot Sauce
- Crisp garlic in olive oil over med-high heat until golden brown, add lemon peel and chili flakes, cook one minute more.
- Add chickpeas and hot sauce then turn down the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Toss in parsley, mix. Plate and top with grated manchego.
Pro Tip: It seems like a lot of olive oil but it becomes an aromatic sauce you can spoon over anything you serve with the chickpeas, liquid gold.
Recipe Video Here:
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today