The grilled cheese gets a little gourmet kick from oozy Taleggio, fresh figs and cured meat goodness from one of America's best artisan salami makers .
- 3 oz. Foustman's Pork, Fennel & Black Pepper Salami, sliced thin
- 4 oz. Taleggio, white cheddar or cheese of your choice, sliced thin
- 2 pieces of brioche
- soft butter
- 1 fresh fig, sliced thin
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side each of both slices of bread, then layer the opposite side of one slice with cheese, figs and salami.
- Put a little knob of butter in the skillet and place bread with ingredients butter-side-down onto skillet. Place second slice butter-side-up on top of the sandwich. Grill until lightly browned and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
Pro Tip: Try it drizzled with a bit of honey!