Looking for a fast, easy, brothy soup with kale, sausage and farro to warm you up on a cold day? Well, this soup is for you!
- 3/4 lb. sausage (chorizo, spicy Italian ect.)
- 2 onions, quartered
- 2/3 cup Bob's Red Mill Farro
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- Yellowbird Serrano Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup coffee (you can use wine or any booze also)
- olive oil
- In a large pot, heat a glug of olive oil over medium-high. Add the sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned about 6 minutes. Add the onions and cook until lightly brown and caramelized.
- Deglaze with coffee to pull up all the brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Fill the pot about 1/2 way with water to cover onions and sausage and bring to a simmer.
- Add the farro and hot sauce, and simmer about 30 minutes.
- Add the kale and swiss chard and simmer for 15 minutes until the farro is tender. Season the broth with salt and pepper.
- Divide the soup among bowls. Top with grated manchego, olive oil and fresh ground pepper.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today