Mantry's best escabeche made with sherry vinegar and lots of olive oil. Escabeche is a Spanish style dish where you marinate grilled or fried fish AFTER cooking. A perfect, no-hassle recipe for a big crowd.
- 2 snapper fillets, de-boned
- 2 sweet onions, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (orange, green)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/2 cup sherry vinegar
- flour for dredging
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil. Coat the snapper fillets in seasoned flour (knocking off the extra flour), fry until lightly golden on each side and cooked through (about 2 minutes per side).
- Remove fillets and add the garlic, sweat for 1 minute and add the carrots, onion, peppers and cook until soft. Add the capers and olive brine (if you have it). Add the vinegar and bring to a simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour over the snapper and let marinate for 3-6 hours in the fridge.
- To serve, bring the escabeche to room temperature (about 30 minutes out of the fridge) and serve with rice and salad or with any sides you like! Remember to spoon all that good oily, vinegar over everything.
Pro Tip: Add 1/2 cup of olive brine (if you have olives in the fridge, use the liquid) for added depth and flavor.
Recipe Video Here:
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today