Mexican Street Corn meets tacos with this vegetarian member of the taco familia. A cheesy crunch comes in the form of crumbled pimento popcorn from one the best popcorn makers in the country and it's rounded off with La Fundidora's vibrant Fresca Salsa.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 3 oz. crumbled cotija cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon Spice Mode Mexican Seasoning
- La Fundidora Fresca Salsa
- Poppy Handcrafted Pimento Cheese Popcorn, Crumbled
- Over medium-high heat in a little oil or butter, fry the corn until it's got good char on it.
- Place in bowl and mix with cotija, mayo, cilantro, Spice Mode and lime juice.
- Warm tortillas in a dry pan.
- Place corn mixture on tortillas and top with Fresca Salsa, crumbled popcorn and a touch more crumbled cheese.
Pro Tip: You can grill the corn and then take it off the kernel for a smokier flavor!