Umami rich cacao onions top these seasoned steak tacos creating a clean, healthy and protein rich meal using some of the best health food products in the US of A.
- 2 lbs. steak
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 red onion (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- lime, quartered for serving
- 1-2 tablespoon Roots Apothecary Adaptive Cacao
- 1/4 cup Secret Aardvark Drunken Garlic Black Bean Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Portland Steak Salt
- 1 Fillo's Walking Tamales (See Pro Tip)
- Rub steak in a coat of steak salt, Secret Aardvark Sauce and olive oil. You can leave it for at least 20 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- To quick pickle the onions, mix with vinegar, 2 tablespoons olive oil a pinch of adaptive cacoa and let sit for 20 mins or more.
- Mash the avocados with a glug of olive oil and season with steak salt and pepper.
- Grill steak over medium heat, slice thinly, season with salt.
- Warm tortillas on a grill or in a dry pan for 30 seconds.
- Top tortillas with a dollop of avocado, slices of steak, pickled onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and a drizzle more Secret Aardvark!
Pro Tip: Cube the Tamale and crisp in olive oil in a pan, top taco with this for added flavor and texture.
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today