This bean and chorizo soup recipe is a no brainer for a lights out appetizer to mexican fare, or serve it alone for a spicy and filling lunch. Check out other great bean option at Rancho Gordo in Napa Valley.
- 1 lb RANCHO GORDO Cranberry Beans
- olive oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 links of AURELIA’S CHORIZO, diced
- 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 whole bay leaf
1) Soak the beans in water overnight, drain.
2) Bring the stock to simmer on the back burner.
3) Over medium heat, glug a couple tablespoons of olive oil into a large pot and add the chorizo. Cook chorizo for a couple of minutes until the fat comes out, add your onion and garlic. Turn the heat down and cook slowly for 15 minutes.
4) Add in the stock and beans, and give that a good stir. Add a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss in the bay leaf. Let this come to a simmer and cook for 30-40 minutes until the beans are soft.
5) Taste the bean and chorizo soup, adjust any seasoning and relentlessly seek credit.
// Optional Garnish Ideas: Red Onion, Lime, Sour Cream, Tortilla Chips
// Mandatory: Mexican Beer
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, share it. Would mean a lot and it helps other people see the recipe.
Cranberry Bean & Chorizo Soup | Hecho En America Mantry