Brothy, spicy, nourishing clams for for an easy weeknight dinner.
- 18 littleneck or manila clams, scrubbed
- 1 link of chorizo verde or chorizo sausage
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons Yellowbird Serrano Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Karma Sauce Co. "Tommy Tomatillo" Salsa
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cups leftover cooked rice (optional)
- In a large pot with a lid, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and garlic, cooking until the chorizo has let off some of its fat and the oil is colored by its spices, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the white wine, Karma Salsa, Yellow Bird Hot Sauce, rice and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add the clams, cover and cook until the clams open up, 5 to 6 minutes.
- After the clams have opened, add the cilantro and lime juice. Serve the clams with plenty of the liquid in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, more hot sauce if you like it spicy and serve with a cold beer.
Pro Tip: Discard any clams that don't open up.