Mantry kicks up a the caesar salad with buttery serrano hot sauce croutons and manchego cheese.
- 2 heads romaine, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 raw egg yolk
- 3/4 cup, plus 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets packed in oil, drained
- 1/2 cup freshly grated manchego, plus shaved manchego for serving.
- 1/2 loaf of sourdough
- 1/4 cup butter
- Yellowbird Serrano hot sauce
- thinly sliced porchetta or prosciutto or ham
- Preheat oven and baking sheet to 350°F. Toss bread cubes with a couple glugs of olive oil and salt and pepper to coat. Transfer croutons to baking sheet. Bake croutons until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Toss hot croutons with butter and hot sauce (they are best served hot).
- Mash the garlic, anchovy, dijon mustard and raw egg. Drizzle in 3/4 cup olive oil to emulsify, squeeze in lemon juice.
- Gently toss the hearts of romaine with the dressing and croutons, top with thinly sliced porchetta, grated manchego and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with cold beer.
Pro Tip: Hot sheet pan for crispy croutons!
Recipe Video Here: