The classic Italian meatball sub gets the Buffalo wing treatment with this crowd-pleasing sandwich. The celery and blue cheese round out the game day wing experience in submarine form.
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- Spicy Shark Wing Sauce
- 1 tsp. Falksalt Smoked Sea Salt Flakes
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup panko, breadcrumbs or Pork Panko
- blue cheese, crumbled
- Celery sliced thin into half moons (some leaves are nice to add too)
- Brioche buns or hero rolls, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon wing sauce, breadcrumbs and egg yolk. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Shape into balls.
- In a large pan over medium heat, brown the meatballs in a little olive oil, about 3 minutes per side. Finish in the oven until cooked through about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and gently toss the balls in a bit more wing sauce.
- Toss celery with salt and a bit of olive oil
- Layer meatballs into the toasted soft roll with celery, crumbled blue cheese and celery.
Pro Tip: Forming the meatballs will be easiest if the mixture is chilled and your hands are slightly wet.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today