A chorizo laden riff on the classic Italian dish. Crispy chorizo is added along with citrusy bourbon smoked pepper instead of regular pepper to make this an instant comfort food classic.
- 4 oz. Aurelia's Chorizo
- 8 oz. Rigatoni
- 2 teaspoons Bourbon Smoked Citrus Pepper
- 1 cup pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Fry the diced chorizo in olive oil over medium heat until crispy.
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the pepper. Fry for a minute or less, until the spice is very fragrant. Right before the pasta is done boiling, return the skillet’s heat to medium.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the black pepper–butter. Add 1/2 cup pasta water. Toss until pasta is completely coated. Now cut the heat, and add the cheese. Continue to toss until coated, adding another splash of pasta water if needed, to create a smooth and silky sauce. Add the chorizo. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately, with more grated pecorino and pepper to pass around and sprinkle on top.
Pro Tip: Have all your ingredients prepped (cheese grated, chorizo fried ect.)
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today