The Japanese Izakaya (pub) classic of Yakitori gets the bourbon treatment with both bourbon BBQ sauce and bourbon smoked togarashi.
- Bourbon Barrel Foods Barbecue Sauce
- Bourbon Barrel Foods Togarashi Spice
- 1 bunch green onions, white part cut into 2" pieces
- 4 chicken thighs, cubed into 2" cubes
- bamboo skewers, soaked for 20 minutes in water
- olive oil
- lemon slices for serving
- Skewer green onion and chicken, alternating and leaving at least 2" on each end of the skewer. Rub with olive oil.
- Over high heat, grill skewers, after the first flip, brush on barbecue sauce and sprinkle with togarashi, continue to flip and grill and brush on barbecue sauce until nicely glazed.
- Remove and serve with an extra sprinkle of togarashi and an ice-cold beer and fresh lemon!
Pro Tip: 100% ok to get some charred bits of chicken, just continually baste and turn the yakitori so it does not burn all over!