Buttery Boat Sauce shrimp tacos get elevated by a refreshing, crunchy slaw using Mantry favorite Rick's Picks. These beauties are perfect for grill season, football season or cookin' over campfire season.
- 1 lb. of shrimp, any size (peeled and deveined)
- 6-8 Rick's Picks Mean Beans, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons of Mean Bean Pickle Juice
- Bobbie's Boat Sauce
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1/8 cup cup picked cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced thin red onion
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 tortillas
- For the slaw, combine the cabbage, red onion, cilantro Mean Beans, pickle juice, lime juice, a couple drops of Boat Sauce and a pinch of salt. Let sit in the fridge for up to 8 hours.
- Toss 2-3 tablespoons of the Boat sauce with the shrimp until evenly coated.
- Over medium heat, fry the shrimp in the butter until thoroughly cooked – turning occasionally.
- Warm tortillas in a dry pan.
- Top tortillas with slaw, shrimp and then spoon over the Boat Sauce butter in the bottom of the frying pan. Serve with a cold beer!
Pro Tip: Pull the shrimp from the fridge 15 minutes before so they come up to room temperature and cook more evenly!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today