Biltong (South African dried and cured meat) lends big umami to this simple, crispy fried rice recipe.
- 2 oz. Righteous Felon Black Garlic Biltong
- 1 cup chilled rice, (day-old is best)
- 1/2 tablespoon Entube Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2 clove garlic cloves, sliced thin
- thai fried onion
- In a large skillet over med-high heat fry the garlic until golden, remove with a slotted spoon. Add the biltong and fry until crispy, about 2 minutes. Stir in curry paste and cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in rice and spread into an even layer, pressing down on rice with a spatula to get good contact with the pan. Let the rice crisp for about 4-5 minutes, don't stir or you will lose crunch!
- Add a knob of butter and stir, the butter will help crisp the rice and gives a nice nuttiness. Crisp rice a couple more minutes until brown and toasted.
- Add the garlic back in, pack into a bowl and turn out on a plate (put the plate on top of filled bowl and flip). Serve with plenty of fresh lime and crispy shallots on top.
Pro Tip: Don't overcrowd the pan to ensure crispy rice.
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT FATHER'S DAY GIFT
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today