Steelhead gets a lil' barbecue glaze with some zippy togarashi pickles in this lights out summer grilling crowd pleaser.
We independently review everything we recommend. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission.
- 12 oz. Steelhead or Salmon cut into chunks
- Bourbon Barrel Foods Barbecue Sauce
- 1 head bibb lettuce
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon Barrel Foods Bourbon Smoked Togarashi
- 1 English cucumber or 3 Japanese cucumbers, thinly sliced.
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt
- For the pickles, combine vinegar, water, sugar, togarashi and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let cool. Add cucumber slices and stir. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 5 days.
- Rub Steelhead with olive oil, season with a pinch of togarashi and salt. Over a high heat grill (skin side down if skin on) for 2-3 mins, flip and brush on barbecue sauce, cover and grill for another 2 minutes. The steelhead should be just warmed in the middle, don't overcook! Brush on a touch more barbecue sauce for a bright orange color.
- Place steelhead in the center of a lettuce leaf, top with pickles, a dusting of togarashi and serve with extra barbecue sauce and cold beer!
Pro Tip: Make sure the bibb lettuce is nice and cold and fresh for a good crunch!
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the recipe.
Gift or Become A Mantry Member at Right Here
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today