Crunchy slaw, soft jerky and an umami packed patty combine for a burger match made in pork heaven.
Yes, secret sauce upgrades a burger but a layer of jerky adds texture, extra protein and depth of flavor. Next time you are grilling up some burgers, try adding some soft jerky to take it to the next level. Here’s our #1 recipe to try:
- 1/4 cup Bachan’s Yuzu Japanese Barbecue Sauce
- Field Trip Korean Style BBQ Jerky
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 4 buns, split and toasted
- In a bowl, combine pork, Yuzu Barbecue Sauce and season with salt. Mix well, form into four 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Heat a skillet or grill over medium heat. Working in batches, brown patties in oil about 4–5 minutes, then flip and cook until the meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes longer.
- Spread mayo on both sides of the toasted buns. Top bottom bun with patty, jerky, slaw and top bun
Pro Tip: Make the ground pork patties ahead of time and let them marinate with the yuzu barbecue sauce for a couple of hours before cooking.
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today