(Above) Marco Pierre White teaches a young Gordon Ramsay at the Michelin star Harveys restaurant in London, 1988.
Good cooking takes a good mindset. It helps to take a step back from the detailed recipe steps and precise temperatures and remember these simple ideas from world-class cooks!
1. “A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to the recipe.”
2. "No one is born a great cook, one learns by doing.”
3. “As I’ve always said, cooking is a philosophy it’s not a recipe…….so therefore it’s not just teaching them how to cook, it’s sharing your philosophy and your vision with them. It’s as simple as that. A good chef is a pied piper, they (line cooks) follow him (or her).”
- Marco Pierre White
4. "A recipe is a story that ends with a good meal."
- Pat Conroy
5. "I like to cook with the philosophy of using great ingredients and not altering them too much."
- Aaron Sanchez
6. "The most powerful social media is not the Internet, not Facebook. It is food. Food connects all human beings."
- Alex Atala
7. “You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients.”
- Julia Child
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, share this page. It would mean a lot because it helps other people discover the makers.
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today