The last thing you need planning the year’s biggest food fest is more advice. By the time the first leaf turns, magazine racks groan with recipes, Facebook feeds become waterfalls of family secrets (orange peel in the cranberry sauce! No salt in the pie crust!). Hosting means a clogged kitchen — competing in-laws, rival teams, to-stuff or not-to-stuff. For us, the best part is the day after: a man and his leftovers, no pressure, and no rules. But instead of a fridge raid — cold turkey, stale bread — let us offer a dollop of help. Upgrade your tryptophan-hangover helpers with these artisanal accouterments.
1. Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Club Sandwich
(Pictured Above) Ultimate Thanksgiving Turkey Club Sandwich
2 Slices Crusty Bread
4 Strips Crispy Broadbent’s Maple Smoked Bacon
Green Mountain Sriracha Mustard
2 tablespoons leftover cranberry sauce
Brooklyn Brine Spicy Bourbon Pickles
1. Toast the bread.
2. Spread mustard on the inside of top slice, spread cranberry sauce and mayo on bottom slice.
3. Layer: Bread, Lettuce, Tomato, Salt, Pepper, Bacon, Avocado, Turkey, Egg, Salt, Pepper Bread
4. Serve with Brooklyn Brine Spicy Bourbon Pickles
2. Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Bacon Roasted Brussel Sprouts
4 strips Broadbent’s Maplewood Smoked Bacon
1 pound leftover or fresh Brussels Sprouts, halved
½ onion, chopped
1. Crisp bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove bacon and roughly chop.
2. In same pan with bacon fat, add onions and brussels sprouts and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown and warmed through.
3. Season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste, and toss bacon back into pan. Serve.
3. Turkey Chili Shepherd’s Pie With Sweet Potato
Turkey Chili Shepherd’s Pie With Sweet Potato
1 Lb. Thanksgiving Turkey
1 onion, chopped
2 cups water
1 can canned crushed tomatoes
1 can canned kidney beans — drained, rinsed
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 oz. Oaktown Spice chili powder (Santa Fe or Regular)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Leftover Mashed Sweet Potatoes
1. Heat a glug of oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, garlic and cook until tender.
2. Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 30 minutes.
4. Place Chili in a baking dish or individual large ramekins and top with sweet potato
5. Bake for 5–10 mins at 425 degrees.
4. Next Day Cranberry Sauce, Granola Yogurt Parfait
Next Day Cranberry Sauce, Granola Yogurt Parfait
Leftover cranberry sauce
Hudson Henry Baking Co. Cashew & Coconut Granola
- In a glass or mason jar, layer yogurt, cranberry sauce and granola
- Drizzle with honey
Thanks for reading! :) If you enjoyed it, hit that share button. Would mean a lot because it helps other people see the story.
Become A Member at Mantry.com
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR HIM
Give him the gift he really wants - including 6 full-size artisan food products and a custom handmade wooden crate.give him a gift
GET YOUR MANTRY
We'll deliver the best foods from across the country to your door every two months.subscribe today