Soft Pretzel w/ Smoked Salt
1.5 lbs. Haldeman Mills Soft Pretzel Mix
1 1/14 cups warm water (115F)
Bulls Bay Smoked Sea Salt
*Makes 8-10 Pretzels
1. 2 cups warm water
2. 3 tbsp baking soda
3. Empty contents of bag and yeast into large mixing bowl. Mix the dough until liquid is absorbed, knead the dough about 3 or 4 minutes.
4. Place dough in bowl sprayed with vegetable oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Place on warm surface. Let rise approximately 1 hour.
5. Spray counter surface with vegetable oil. Spread dough on counter, cut into lengths, and roll into rope-like lengths 32” long and ½” in diameter.
6. To twist pretzels, cross ends over twice, and press them to the top of the pretzel.
7. Dip twisted pretzel into solution of baking soda and warm water. This will promote browning.
8. Place pretzels on a cookie sheet sprayed with vegetable oil. Sprinkle with Bulls Bay Smoked Sea Salt. Bake at 500F for 8 minutes or until brown.
: Brush baked pretzels with melted butter.